Tuesday, December 15, 2009

one


Fourteen hours until the moving trucks arrive. Surrounded by boxes and stunned by the complexities of this move (what a difference a family--and moving 70 kilometers away--makes), it seems like a good time to procrastinate and pay homage to the old house again, in this, one of my favorite shots by Ben. (Click on it to see the whole picture.) If this new house can give us any fraction of the enjoyment I got out of the old one, we're going to have a great life.

Speaking of 70 kilometers, I had to turn in my resident registration to the company admin to get them to pay for my rail pass for commuting. I didn't know this, but the company regulations allow payment only up to 70 kilometers. I had to juggle the lines I'll use to commute since several ways put me over the limit. I finally found a way that puts me at 69.3 kilometers, so I won't have to pay out of my own pocket. I will, however, pay plenty with my ass sitting on a train seat for 3 hours a day, so I guess we're even.

No comments: