Wednesday, December 9, 2009

eight


M was at school and m was deposited (bad word for it, but apt) at a friend's house, so I was able to spend all Sunday on my knees putting the stain on the downstairs flooring and with my neck crooked at a 45-degree angle putting in the blinds. I spent more than thirty minutes shooting with the Nikon to show M and m what an impressive job I'd done with the floor and the blinds, then jumped in the little Honda, and rode the sewing machine engine back to Tokyo only to find that although I'd filled the back with empty cardboard boxes from the blinds, I'd left the camera somewhere--hopefully in the house, but possibly in the mud outside the door.

Still, here's the study as seen through the atrium from the master bedroom after doing the stain before  putting in the blinds the day before. I first got the idea of putting in the old glass windows from fear of having the raw salt wind attacking computers, etc. Now I'm not sure whether there's any way to really protect high tech products, but I'm curious to find out--hopefully at not too great a cost.

The architect who's reformed the beautiful little kura storehouse down the road was walking on the beach and waved while I was in the middle of wrestling a recalcitrant blind from its package so I gave an awkward shake of a flap of the cardboard box, hoping he'd see it as some kind of a not-too-alien reply.

No comments: