Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Running on empty

As you can see, one of my two woodsheds is running low; the other is equally bare. Though this last winter was a mild one, my physical condition kind of interfered with my usual gathering of local wood, so I'm going on an overnight run up to Nagano for a refill. I don't feel like making the trip in our tiny 360cc van, so I'm going to trade cars with the contractor who built our house. (He bought my old car and said I can use it anytime. Can you believe how cool these guys are?) I'll be going up to M's parents place.

M's dad said the forest behind them has to be thinned, so I'm taking my chain saw and hoping to get some good wood in time to chop it and dry it for next year. I'm also looking forward to the good company of M's mom and dad, and the good food that is always on the table. It's a weekday: m's in school and M has to stay with her, so they're totally jealous.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for all of your work, Greg! I wish if I could have gone with you. By the way, I noticed you changed your profile photo. I like this better, he, he.