Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday

Unemployment kind of hit me hard today.

This was the first Monday that wasn't a holiday, or a day full of things I had to do for others, or rushing to get my taxes paid, or whatever. It was just an ordinary Monday, and I still wake up before 6am, with faint intrepidation at the long train commute before remembering that I DON'T HAVE TO. I know I should be thinking about my next job, and I do a little bit, but I'm not in a rush, considering this fine season for living on the beach. So I fill my days: I ran three laps of the beach (only 3km, but I'm feeling my lungs expand, and it's on sand) and plan to build up the distance, watched the Chicago Bulls take apart the Miami Heat, walked to the next village and the kayak shop, where I picked up a catalog.

Got back to the house and weeded in the garden, and planted some ruccola and halapeno peppers until m got home. Had her practice piano, and then went outside to continue our bicycle riding lessons. She made the big jump today, finally understanding the balancing idea and took off. I'd forgotten how instantaneous that moment is. But I think the photo below has got to be a metaphor (symbol?) of her growing up and . . .



We went back to the garden and made our first harvest for a salad--three kinds of lettuce, basil, Italian parsley, ruccola and some carrot greens.


What am I going to do tomorrow?

No comments: