Sunday, June 27, 2010

I missed it

M was kind enough to show me this shot on the view window of our camera when I got home from work the other day. It had been a miserable morning; I had my rain gear on, but got completely soaked just taking it off in the station parking lot. I rode the train in damp mode, my sneakers squeaking when I got on the train, and I left a wet impression of my butt on the seat when I got off. But it had cleared up in the afternoon, and m played in the surf in the afternoon after school. And then the sunset was kind enough to illuminate Mt. Fuji, a rare sight in the haze of summer, and backlit Standing Rock and the picturesque pine. I forgave her for being able to appreciate this in person, partly because my ensemble had finally dried out by then, and partly because it was Friday night, I had a shochu buzz, and I knew I'd be there the next day if we were lucky enough to have another great sunset.

No comments: